Sunday 8 February 2009

Let it NOT snow!

I don't know about everyone else, but personally, my tolerance to snow is waning. It has caused me to miss 4 days of school and spend that time at home under the constant watch of my parentals. They refused to let me go out into the snow with a few friends and have a snowball fight, and this was their reasoning:
  1. Its cold. I'll get ill.
  2. I'll infect my mother
  3. She won't be able to go to work at her new job
  4. She'll get fired.
Personally, i think this was a tad selfish because I'm not sure you can fire people for being ill. However, you can fire people for deliberately not even making the effort to turn up to work because they are too busy disallowing their son access to the outside world...
I tried to convince her that a cup of Lemsip cures all, but this didn't go down too well. For some reason, she was led to believe by that statement that I wanted her to be ill.
The other thing that was really strange was that they said I should get some new hobbies, and allowed / encouraged me to go out for a run in the snow on Thursday :/

Anyway, the point I'm trying to get at in a roundabout way is that right now, I'm finding the snow really frustrating. It needs to go away.

It doesn't help that it also gets turned to ice overnight. Coming back from a sleepover (well, film night - does sleeping for about 1 hour count as a sleepover?), trekking up the small hill to my house was a mission and a half. I am proud to say I only stacked it once because a car drove out in front of me and stole the piece of dry ground I was going to walk on.

Recap: snow makes be feel bored, clumsy and annoyed. These are not good emotions to be feeling. Therefore, I'm sick of snow.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment