Tuesday 3 March 2009

The simple, bare niceties

Isn't it nice when pepole trust you?

Yesterday, I was just entering the swimming pool and a lady on crutches handed me the keys to her mercedes (which was way out of view of the reception) and asked me to put a parking ticket on the windscreen. It made me feel warm and fuzzy inside, for a while. :)

Perhaps I'm too cynical, but if I was in her position, I would certainly take the annoyance of having to walk up a few stairs on crutches over the inconvenience of having one beast of a car stolen.

This lead me to think - is it:
a) my facial features simply emanate warmth and trust
or
b) she is extremely rich and buying mercs is like clothes shopping for her
or
c) she is just too nice
or
d) she has too much faith in the police.

Basically, I wouldn't trust a random teenager with my car (if I had one).

And what if she had asked someone who was willing to just drive her car away? I wouldn't trust the police to sort stuff out quickly - there's been an abandoned car with a spectacularly broken bumper a few blocks from my house and it's been there for at least half a week. My guess: it's been stolen and taken away for some drunken joyriding before being crashed into some wall. And half a week without a car would be really inconvenient, especially in crutches.

Still though - I take pride in the fact that I was trusted :D

x

No comments:

Post a Comment